Four thieves’ vinegar or vinegar of the four thieves or thieves’ vinegar or Forthaves vinegar has a long history in protection, magic work and is well known in folk magic and folk medicine traditions like hoodoo, root work and Wicca. Even medicated vinegar is invented by four thieves of Marseilles who has employed it as a prophylactic during visitation of pestilence in to a popular essential oil company creating a produce line based off the blend.
The best thing about this vinegar is you can make it by sitting in your home. Fall is a great time to prepare homemade four thieves vinegar to have on hand to treat simple health issues like cold, flu, fever etc.
How To Make Four Thieves Vinegar?
- 1 table spoon of organic sage leaf
- 1 tea spoon of organic rosemary leaf and lavender flowers
- ½ tea spoon of thyme leaf
- ½ tea spoon of peppercorns
- 16oz of organic apple cider vinegar
Direction To Use:
- Take a pint jar and fill it with all herbs with gently warm apple cider vinegar.
- Close the jar using a plastic lid or place a piece of natural parchment paper under the lids to allow the apple cider vinegar to touch the metal.
- Leave for about 4 weeks, then strain the vinegar in to clean glass jar.
- Store the jar in a cool place and dark area.
Rustic Thieves Vinegar Recipe:
- 2 heads of peeled garlic
- Handful of oregano, cloves, thyme
- 1 teaspoon of lavender blossoms
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of sage, ginger and lemon balm
Directions To Use:
- Put all ingredients in a jar and pour apple cider vinegar on top.
- Cover it with a lid and let it sit for at least 2 weeks.
- Shake the jar regularly for organic thieves vinegar.
- Strain the apple cider vinegar, take 1-2 tablespoons with one table spoon of raw honey several times a day for immunity boosting.
How to Use Thieves Vinegar In Different Ways?
For Immune Boosting Or Illness: Take 1-2 table spoons of thieves vinegar with one table spoon of raw honey several times a day when sick. Take one tablespoon per day directly for immunity boosting.
As Insect Repellent: Mix ¼ cup of vinegar with 2-3 glasses of water and fill the spray bottle with this solution. You can even spray this solution n skin, clothes etc.
As Surface Disinfectant: pour strained vinegar in spray bottle and use it to wipe and clean surfaces.
You can even use this vinegar for your hair to get rid of dandruff and other hair problems.